A few helpful tips for handling firearms, weapon safety, gun safety, and firearm safety.
- Assume all weapons are loaded and ready to fire.
- Never assume a gun is unloaded by only its appearance.
- Keep your finger off the trigger unless you are ready to fire the weapon. Most triggers can be more sensitive than you think.
- Wear goggles and ear protection when shooting. The sound of a gun firing near the ear can cause hearing damage.
- Gunpowder and debris from firing the weapon can cause damage to the eyes so please protect yourself and wear eye protection.
- When not in use, keep your weapon stored in a safe location.
- Keep your weapon unloaded until ready to use.
- Store ammunition separately from firearms.
- Do not trust safety mechanisms, ever.
- Never take it for granted that the safety is in good working order.
For more information on gun safety, or to sell your guns in Seattle, Everett, or throughout King or Snohomish counties, contact Seattle Gun Buyer. Whether you are selling your guns to create a safer home, or you are dealing with a loved one’s estate collection, Seattle Gun Buyer buys guns, ammunition, antiques, and parts.